King’s Lynn joins the national celebrations
South Lynn gets into the party spirit
Residents in South Lynn took to the streets for a variety of events to celebrate the Royal Wedding.
The Portway, off Saddlebow Road, was a hive of activity from first thing in the morning when bunting, marquees and trestle tables were set-up.
Live music, face-painting and games were all planned and Lynn companies donated a range of prizes for a raffle while Freebridge Community Housing provided two marquees for the events.
Seven members of the Yours South Lynn Social Committee organised the event which also raised money for Diabetes UK.
North West Norfolk MP Henry Bellingham entered into the spirit of the occasion and donated a tour of Parliament followed by a meal as a prize for the raffle.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 3 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 8 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway