King’s Lynn is sixth happiest place to live in Britain
- Credit: Ian Burt
King's Lynn is one of the happiest places to live in Britain, according to a new survey.
Property website Rightmove asked 17,000 people across the country how happy they are with where they live.
Warwickshire spa town Leamington came top, as locals rated it a friendly place to live within an easy commuting distance to big cities.
Lynn came sixth in the poll and was rated the happiest place to live in East Anglia.
Rightmove's Amy Funston said: 'Looking at the reasons why people in King's Lynn said they were happy, they scored highest for people saying there was a strong community spirit in the area and they felt a sense of belonging where they live.'
You may also want to watch:
Researcher Abiola Oni added: 'It's the people in an area and how someone feels about living there that makes the biggest difference. So the strength of community spirit, people feeling like they belong and that they can be themselves are all more important than the services and money that they have, though these do still contribute to overall happiness.'
Norwich came 28th nationally and was ranked second in the East.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
Leigh-on-Sea, in Essex, came second in the survey, followed by the Wirral, Harrogate and Tunbridge Wells.
Lynn was ranked as happier than seventh-placed Epsom, Richmond-upon-Thames, Poole and Chichester.