Children’s playground set on fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have been called into action after arsonists targeted a children's play area.
Crews were called to reports of a fire at a playground on Orchard Road in Gayton near King's Lynn at 7.27pm today (Saturday January, 4).
Norfolk fire confirmed the blaze was deliberate.
The fire was started near play equipment.
One crew from King's Lynn North tackled the blaze with hose reel jets, standing down at 7.46pm.
You may also want to watch:
No other emergency services were on the scene.
No one was injured.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
A spokesperson for Norfolk fire said: "One crew extinguished a small fire in Gayton. Somebody thought it would be funny to set a fire in a children's play area so we went along and extinguished it.
"Sadly, it happens all the time. We are not able to investigate it as there were no witnesses."