King’s Lynn chapel to hold Festival of Angels
St Nicholas' Chapel appeal to be boosted with weekend of angels in June
A King's Lynn chapel will be hosting a Festival of Angels to help raise money towards a �210,000 appeal to secure lottery funding for a major restoration programme.
The event at St Nicholas' Chapel will see angels of every shape and size adorn the medieval building and will be held over the weekend of June 16 and 17.
Businesses and organisations are currently being invited to take part and create an angel to help boost the appeal.
The organisers are also hoping to hold workshops later in the year to help anyone unsure about creating a life-size angel for the event - described as a cross between a scarecrow festival and a flower show.
You may also want to watch:
During the festival weekend the chapel will also be hosting a variety of stalls and refreshments.
A massive appeal was launched by the Churches Conservation Trust and the Friends of St Nicholas' in January to secure �1.5m of National Lottery cash by raising �210,00 locally.
- 1 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 2 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 3 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 4 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 5 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 8 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 9 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 10 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
TV presenter Loyd Grossman visited Lynn to see the chapel for himself as chairman of the trust.
St Nicholas' has been described as the jewel in the organisation's crown and is the largest surviving chapel of ease in the country.
The �1.5m project will include �800,000 to re-roof the nave and south aisle while adding insulation. A further �130,000 is needed to provide toilets and a kitchenette area, while �120,000 will provide a heating system and �30,000 will light the beautiful carved angels in the ceiling.
To join the Festival of Angels email Barbaravincent702@btinternet.com