Mum-of-three sheds more than 6 stone after caesarean scar ruptured
- Credit: Slimming World
A woman from Beccles says she has regained her energy and confidence after losing more than 6 stone.
Kimberly Storey, 33, suffered a ruptured caesarean scar after giving birth to her son, resulting in a trip to hospital via ambulance.
Mrs Storey said that months passed and she didn't seem to be healing the way she'd hoped and after a number of trips to the GP for a reoccurring infection the suggestion was given that losing weight could help.
She said: "The only answer I would get was 'maybe if you lost a little weight it would heal a little easier', and a family holiday and my disappointment in my appearance in photos reassured me that weight loss was a change I needed to make."
Since joining her local Slimming World group, Mrs Storey has dropped three dress sizes and says the change has made a difference to her time with her children.
You may also want to watch:
"Now I've lost weight I feel a lot more confident in my appearance," she added.
"I feel happier to be in family photos and I have loads more energy meaning I am able to run around after my three children."
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
Abigail Earl, who runs the group Mrs Storey attends, said: "My Beccles group is full of caring, kind, supportive, compassionate and helpful people who I adore.
"Kimberly is incredible and my inspiration, as well as the inspiration of the whole group."