Tea room to close for a week after coronavirus case confirmed
- Credit: Picture: The Orangery Tea Room
A popular tea room will be closed for a week after a member of staff tested positive for coronavirus.
The Orangery Team Room, in Church Road, Ketteringham, near Wymondham, said the staff member was at work on Sunday, November 22 and has since tested positive for the virus.
Due to staff shortages, the business will be closed until Friday, December 4.
Sarah Softley, co-owner, said; "It is with great sadness that we have had to close our doors for a short time. We have strived throughout the summer, and will continue, to provide a safe environment for our customers and staff and have been praised on many occasions on how safe people feel."
She thanked customers for their fantastic support and to staff for working tirelessly throughout the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Softley said the affected member of staff was wearing a mask all day but wanted to make customers aware in case they were exposed.
Staff members who have not come into contact will carry out a deep-clean of the entire tea room.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks