Kessingland to host annual tug-of-war contest
- Credit: Archant
In what is one of the ultimate tests of strength and resilience, Kessingland's annual tug-of-war festival is set to return this weekend.
The event - now in its 38th year - is run by area five of the Tug of War Association, which covers Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Bedfordshire and Lincolnshire.
On Saturday, October 7 and Sunday 8, teams consisting of eight competitors will convene at Park Resorts Holiday Park to pull in four different weight categories, with the maximum being 720kg.
The Kessingland weekender is the penultimate contest of the outdoor tug-of-war season, before the indoor season gets under way later this month.
David Ling, chairman of the area five group, said: 'We look forward to this event every year because it's a really nice get-together.
You may also want to watch:
'It's an opportunity to meet new people and have a really fun day.'
For more information about tug-of-war in the area, contact David Ling on 01493 300223.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid