House collapses after tumble dryer explosion causes fire
PUBLISHED: 10:09 19 December 2019 | UPDATED: 11:39 19 December 2019
A house in Kessingland has partially collapsed after a fire caused by a tumble dryer explosion.
Emergency services were initially called shortly after 8.30pm yesterday evening (Wednesday, December 18) to reports of a fire at an end terrace house on Green Lane.
Two callers reported that a tumble dryer had exploded, causing the fire and destroying a wall.
Two fire crews attended the scene from the Lowestoft South station and worked with the electricity board to ensure the safety of the property.
Green Lane was closed by Suffolk police and remains shut while officers work to ensured the house is structurally safe.
An ambulance and a ambulance officer was called to the scene and one person was taken to James Paget Hospital for further care.
The road will remain closed for the foreseeable future and drivers are advised to avoid the area if possible.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.