Kenninghall boy raises �500 for Water Aid after running 100 miles
A Kenninghall boy has raised �500 for a charity after running 100 miles in 50 days.
Eleven-year-old James Sibley complete the challenge for Water Aid, which works to provide safe water and sanitation to developing countries.
Inspired by last year's Red Nose Day, the schoolboy vowed to do his bit, announcing to family and friends that his goal was to run 100 miles in 50 days – a feat he achieved by running every night after school.
He said: 'When I finished I felt happy and exhausted. Some people said I'd got no chance but I'm proud to have proved them wrong,'
'I feel that it will really help lots of people. Water is such a basic thing, so simple but so important. You always need clean water, so Water Aid is a really good cause. I'm still deciding which countries I'd like the money to go to, probably Uganda where my pen friend is from.'
James has also pledged to continue his fundraising, with his eye set on a marathon.
The schoolboy also received a �100 donation from Rosedale Funeral Home.
- 1 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 4 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 5 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 6 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 7 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 8 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 9 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 10 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
Funeral director Richard Green said: 'This was a lengthy challenge which required a tremendous amount of determination and persistence and we were keen to give James our support.'
Anyone interested in adding to James' Water Aid total can contact him by emailing email@example.com