Keith Skipper opens new charity shop in North Walsham
- Credit: Archant
The newest charity shop in North Walsham has been officially opened by author, broadcaster and entertainer Keith Skipper.
Mr Skipper, from Cromer, cut the ribbon at the East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) shop in The Terrace, Market Place today (April 12).
Mr Skipper said: 'This spacious shop is bound to do well and it was encouraging to see so many customers hard at it within minutes of opening. I take my hat off to all the volunteers who work so hard for a golden cause.'
Sandy Creasy, shop manager, said: 'We're delighted to have officially opened our doors in North Walsham.
'We've had such great support since announcing our plans to move here and we're confident the local community will be behind us. 'It was fantastic to have Keith Skipper here to cut the ribbon – and I'd like to thank to him for giving up his valuable time to show us support.'
You may also want to watch:
The shop is open Monday to Saturday.
Anyone interested in volunteering at the new shop should contact Ms Creasy on 01692 661070, email email@example.com or pop in to find out more.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 6 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 9 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 10 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies