Keen Thetford parkrunner prepares to complete 24 of them in 24 hours
- Credit: Dave Barstow
A parkrun enthusiast is taking his hobby to the next level in a festive charity challenge.
Dave Barstow is a regular participator in the weekly parkruns in Thetford and often fits in another three runs a week.
But the airman from RAF Honington is tackling an unprecedented challenge on December 29 – running 24 parkruns in 24 hours.
The 34-year-old will be completing the 72-mile challenge with colleague Shawn Newton, 30, while fellow RAF serviceman George Griffiths, 25, will be completing 12 parkruns in 12 hours.
They will be running in aid of children's charity WellChild, which supports sick children and their families and funds research.
You may also want to watch:
Father of two Mr Barstow said: 'I thought while I am not working at Christmas I could do a bit more of a challenge.
'It will give me something to train for over the period, rather than just eating and drinking.'
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
Mr Barstow has previously tackled the Three Peaks Challenge for WellChild. He hopes to raise around £550 from his parkrun challenge.
Starting at 8am on December 29 on the parkrun start line at Thetford priory, Mr Barstow and Mr Newton will run four parkruns – 12 miles – at a time with two hour intervals between runs.
Mr Barstow plans to live-blog their challenge on Facebook.
To donate, go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dave-Barstow