Keen Thetford parkrunner prepares to complete 24 of them in 24 hours
- Credit: Dave Barstow
A parkrun enthusiast is taking his hobby to the next level in a festive charity challenge.
Dave Barstow is a regular participator in the weekly parkruns in Thetford and often fits in another three runs a week.
But the airman from RAF Honington is tackling an unprecedented challenge on December 29 – running 24 parkruns in 24 hours.
The 34-year-old will be completing the 72-mile challenge with colleague Shawn Newton, 30, while fellow RAF serviceman George Griffiths, 25, will be completing 12 parkruns in 12 hours.
They will be running in aid of children's charity WellChild, which supports sick children and their families and funds research.
You may also want to watch:
Father of two Mr Barstow said: 'I thought while I am not working at Christmas I could do a bit more of a challenge.
'It will give me something to train for over the period, rather than just eating and drinking.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us
Mr Barstow has previously tackled the Three Peaks Challenge for WellChild. He hopes to raise around £550 from his parkrun challenge.
Starting at 8am on December 29 on the parkrun start line at Thetford priory, Mr Barstow and Mr Newton will run four parkruns – 12 miles – at a time with two hour intervals between runs.
Mr Barstow plans to live-blog their challenge on Facebook.
To donate, go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Dave-Barstow