Entertainer swaps magic wand for paintbrush to raise money for charity
- Credit: Ian Burt
After semi-retiring from the entertainment business, Justso James is now painting pictures to raise money for local charities.
James Ridington has always been interested in art but has spent his life providing entertainment such as magic, fire eating and balloon modelling.
He was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 2003 and has now decided to raise money for Dereham Cancer Care through his paintings.
He said: 'I really feel for these people effected by cancer. Although it dramatically changed my life and I will never be clear of it, at least to date it has been controlled by medication.'
Mr Ridington is selling his artworks around Norfolk, including in Dereham's Norski Noos Gallery.
You may also want to watch:
He puts on exhibitions in Dereham Cancer Care every year and also raises money for the Zoological Society of East Anglia by donating money from paintings sold at the Natural World Art Society based at Banham Zoo.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 3 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 4 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Couple in 80s given hospital treatment after alleged assault in village