The Darkness frontman ‘melted shorts onto leg’ in freak accident
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2013
Lowestoft-raised rockstar Justin Hawkins was reportedly hospitalised after melting his shorts onto his skin in a freak accident.
The Darkness frontman revealed the accident in a now-deleted post on celebrity message site Cameo, and said it happened when he was fixing the swimming pool at his Switzerland home.
According to the Independent, he said: “There was a problem with the pool, a pump thing, and some chemicals came out of it.
“I think it was a PH negative chemical to control the acidity of the pool. I was trying to fix it and I touched my legs and my shorted melted onto my legs, so then I had to go to hospital.”
The group had been due to perform around America in April and May before their latest tour was cancelled as a result of the coronavirus pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
The band is comprised of former Kirkley High School pupils Justin and Dan Hawkins and drummer Ed Graham, as well as Scotsman Frankie Poullain.
- 1 Mother's devastation after son killed in crash 'one minute from home'
- 2 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 3 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 4 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 5 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 6 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 7 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 8 Search continues for man missing in the Broads
- 9 Two-hour waits at vaccine centre after booking 'malfunction'
- 10 Man's body discovered near A47 flyover on edge of Norwich