Just two weeks left to register for Great Yarmouth Battle of the Bands
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2016
Musicians hoping to compete in the recently revived Battle of the Bands competition have less than two weeks to sign up their acts.
Hosted by the Anchorage Trust, the competition is offering a wealth of prizes for the victor, including a slot supporting the UK Foo Fighters at the Tower Arena.
The event was officially launched over the May Bank Holiday weekend, with a concert headlined by Nirvana UK, with the first bands signing up on the night.
However, now aspiring musicians have until the Wednesday, May 24 to register their interest in the competition, which will see heats take place at the Tower Arena on alternate Wednesdays from May 31.
Each heat will see three bands battle it out, before moving onto a final at a later date.
The overall winner of the competition will receive a support slot for the leading Foo Fighters Tribute band, the opportunity to record their own album and £1,000 of music shop vouchers.
To register, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Battle of the Bands Great Yarmouth 2017 on Facebook.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'