Just the ticket: Norwich City fans invited to have greater say in running of the club
- Credit: @NorwichCityFC
Norwich City fans are being given the opportunity to have a greater say in the running of the club after a survey of supporters showed that general satisfaction with the Championship side among season ticket holders was down.
A group of around 20 people will be randomly selected from the club's supporter database, as well as representatives from some fan groups, to have their say on a variety of topics, from matchday experience and atmosphere, to ticketing, catering and retail.
Running during January, the survey this year was completed by 3,151 fans. It is part of the club's drive to reach out to fans following complaints many felt dissatisfied and disconnected.
The survey also revealed that 62 per cent of season ticket holders and 41 per cent of casual fans considering themselves to be a 'very strong supporter' of Norwich City; 59 per cent of supporters said the big screen installed at Carrow Road had improved their experience, quoting replays as the primary reason for this; and the Family FanZone was rated 7.5 out of 10 by supporters who attended with children.
However, pre-match and half-time entertainment were rated poorly, scoring 4.9 and 4.8 out of 10 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The first of the new fans forum events will take place at Carrow Road on Monday, June 12, at 6.30pm. And fans interested in taking part can apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, June 5.
A spokesperson for the club said: 'Norwich City Football Club are pleased to confirm some forthcoming events as part of its commitment to a revised and improved fan engagement schedule.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
'The club will also seek to hold at least two meetings per year with representatives of officially-recognised Norwich City supporter groups and will celebrate the good work of these groups from Norfolk, the rest of the UK and abroad at a designated match each season.'
A forum event with leading figures from the Club is also scheduled to take place at Carrow Road on Thursday, July 13 in conjunction with the Norwich City Fans Social Club.
And the club plans to host a Q&A with shareholders at its AGM, as well as to undertake digital question and answer sessions with key club personnel.