Jurassic surprise for the shoppers of Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
Shoppers in Norwich were given a Jurassic surprise as they were greeted by one of Norwich Theatre Royal's new arrivals, Juliet the Segnosaurus.
The two metre tall dinosaur roared its way through the Chapelfield shoppers but ranger Danielle Stagg was quick to point out that Juliet was a herbivore and she did not have any unsuspecting children on the menu.
Juliet is a puppet for the upcoming show of Dinosaur World where it will feature along side puppets of the Tyrannosaurus Rex, Triceratops and Microraptor.
The 100 million-year-old beast took the name Juliet after Danielle Stagg only had Shakespeare and palaeontology books to read.
Receiving a mixed reaction from the youngsters some brave explorers get up close to said hello.
You may also want to watch:
The puppet is controlled by two puppeteers, one on the head and the other inside the body.
The show will be on at the theatre from August 3-5.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply