Jurassic Park! Alan Partridge is back with a new book
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of his two previous books, Steve Coogan's alter ego is back with another autobiography, Alan Partridge: Nomad, which is set to be released later this year.
For his new book, Alan Partridge donned his walking boots, windcheater, and scarf and headed out on a one-man journey of immense personal significance through certain parts of Britain.
Set to be released on October 20, Nomad is a follow up to his 2011 volume I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan, in which he revealed his tragic Toblerone addiction, and his more recent mockumentary, Scissored Isle, which saw the Norwich radio presenter tour the North meeting 'real people'.
In a video posted online to promote the book's release, Steve Coogan's character mocks Game of Thrones before revealing that he believes 'the future is not in TV, it is in books - e and paper, that's why I was happy to sign up with Orion to bring you Alan Partridge: Nomad.'
He adds: 'Through witty vignettes, heavy essays and not inducing pieces of wisdom, I shine a light on the nooks of the nation and the crannies of myself, It's a piece of work of which I'm immensely proud. And if I had to sum it up in one word, that word would quite simply be 'hope'.'
Nomad has been penned by Steve Coogan, along with Rob and Neil Gibbons, who have also worked on I, Partridge, Mid Morning Matters and Partridge's 2013 feature film Alpha Papa.
The book is set to be published by Trapeze, an imprint of Orion, who said: 'Diarising his ramble in the form of a 'journey journal', Alan details the people and places he encounters, ruminates on matters large and small and, on a final leg fraught with danger, becomes – not a man (because he was one to start off with) – but a better, more inspiring example of a man.'
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 Part of A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 3 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 4 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 6 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 9 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 10 Multiple fire crews tackle farm blaze overnight
In case you were still unsure as to who exactly Alan Partridge is, a comedic 'About the Author' section has been added to the book's pre-order page on Amazon, which states: 'Alan Partridge presents Mid-Morning Matters on North Norfolk Digital. Broadcaster, writer, motivational speaker, sports fan, thought-leader, businessman, and consummate professional, Alan enjoys bitter shandy, shandied lager, high-end knitwear and personal success. He is currently doing very well.'
• Alan Partridge: Nomad will be available in hardback on October 20 2016, priced at £20. The book is available for pre-order now at amazon.co.uk• Are you looking forward to Alan's latest book release? Share your thoughts in the comments below.