Jurassic Park! Alan Partridge is back with a new book
- Credit: Archant
Following the success of his two previous books, Steve Coogan's alter ego is back with another autobiography, Alan Partridge: Nomad, which is set to be released later this year.
For his new book, Alan Partridge donned his walking boots, windcheater, and scarf and headed out on a one-man journey of immense personal significance through certain parts of Britain.
Set to be released on October 20, Nomad is a follow up to his 2011 volume I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan, in which he revealed his tragic Toblerone addiction, and his more recent mockumentary, Scissored Isle, which saw the Norwich radio presenter tour the North meeting 'real people'.
In a video posted online to promote the book's release, Steve Coogan's character mocks Game of Thrones before revealing that he believes 'the future is not in TV, it is in books - e and paper, that's why I was happy to sign up with Orion to bring you Alan Partridge: Nomad.'
He adds: 'Through witty vignettes, heavy essays and not inducing pieces of wisdom, I shine a light on the nooks of the nation and the crannies of myself, It's a piece of work of which I'm immensely proud. And if I had to sum it up in one word, that word would quite simply be 'hope'.'
You may also want to watch:
Nomad has been penned by Steve Coogan, along with Rob and Neil Gibbons, who have also worked on I, Partridge, Mid Morning Matters and Partridge's 2013 feature film Alpha Papa.
The book is set to be published by Trapeze, an imprint of Orion, who said: 'Diarising his ramble in the form of a 'journey journal', Alan details the people and places he encounters, ruminates on matters large and small and, on a final leg fraught with danger, becomes – not a man (because he was one to start off with) – but a better, more inspiring example of a man.'
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 8 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 9 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 10 Owners of popular street food van open café bistro in Norwich
In case you were still unsure as to who exactly Alan Partridge is, a comedic 'About the Author' section has been added to the book's pre-order page on Amazon, which states: 'Alan Partridge presents Mid-Morning Matters on North Norfolk Digital. Broadcaster, writer, motivational speaker, sports fan, thought-leader, businessman, and consummate professional, Alan enjoys bitter shandy, shandied lager, high-end knitwear and personal success. He is currently doing very well.'
• Alan Partridge: Nomad will be available in hardback on October 20 2016, priced at £20. The book is available for pre-order now at amazon.co.uk• Are you looking forward to Alan's latest book release? Share your thoughts in the comments below.