Inquest into death of one-month-old baby will not be resumed after court case
- Credit: Archant
An inquest into the death of a one-month-old baby will not be resumed after a court case 'fully aired' the circumstances.
Jordi Chatland-Stewart died on November 11, 2016 in Shipfield, Norwich.
At an inquest opened into his death on June 5, 2017, the court heard how his cause of death had been given as unascertained.
And at a review hearing held at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich on Friday, Yvonne Blake, area coroner for Norfolk, told the court that criminal proceedings brought against one of the child's parents meant the inquest would not be resumed.
She said the case was 'fully aired in court' and 'as such we are not intending to resume the inquest'.
You may also want to watch:
In July last year, Jordi's mother Victoria Chatland admitted neglect to a child at Norwich Crown Court and was given a 16-month jail sentence, which was suspended for two years.
At the time, the court heard that on the night she had taken a small amount of cocaine and cannabis and drunk some cider when she unintentionally fell asleep holding Jordi.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre