John Lewis Christmas Advert 2016 revealed: Buster the boxer dog takes centre stage as the countdown to Christmas begins!
- Credit: John Lewis
A boxer dog named Buster and a bouncing little girl by the name of Bridget take centre stage in John Lewis' festive offering for 2016.
In the countdown to Christmas one event garners more attention and stirs up more emotion than any other: the big reveal of the John Lewis advert.
The day has finally come as this morning John Lewis posted the full video on YouTube for the world to see and a foray of 'Oohs' and 'Ahhs' inevitably followed.
Last year's festive offering from the retailer saw a young girl looking at the sky through a telescope, only to discover a man living on the moon.
The highly anticipated 2016 advert proved to be a little more cheerful than its predecessor and features a boxer dog who watches his owner, a young girl, bounce around her house in anticipation for the big day.
You may also want to watch:
Her parents decide to gift her with a tampoline for Christmas, with her dad assembling her present in the snowy garden on Christmas Eve.
That night Buster looks on as a pair of foxes, a badger, a squirrel and a hedgehog enjoy the new addition to the garden.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
The following morning when the patio doors open and the trampoline is revealed to little Bridget, Buster roars past them all, desperate to get his bounce on.
The song for this year's ad, which will undoubtedly storm the single charts following its release much like Lily Allen's 2013 cover of 'Somewhere Only We Know', is a cover of Randy Crawford's 1980 jazz hit, 'One Day I'll Fly Away' by British electronic group, Vaults.
Teasers for the advert were posted throughout the week by a mysterious Twitter account with the username @bouncing2016 who was promoting this year's hashtag, #BounceBounce. And today people are using the hashtag #BusterTheBoxer as they revel in the latest John Lewis offering.
Social media users were delighted with the theme for 2016, with many viewers taking to Twitter to share their thoughts, @ani_boxer said: 'Boxer dogs are the best', while @Caitlinjade_x proclaimed that the John Lewis Christmas advert tears her heart apart every year.
The advert will preimere on ITV tonight at 9.15pm during the final episode of Paranoid.
• What are your thoughts on the John Lewis Christmas advert for this year? Let us know in the comments below.