Only Fools and Horses actor joins the traders at Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Archant
A bit of the East End came to the Royal Norfolk Show with actor John Challis.
The Only Fools and Horses star had a stand in the show's horticultural area to promote his new book Wigmore Abbey: The Treasure of Mortimer.
The former Augustinian abbey in Herefordshire has been the Challis family home for 20 years and his wife has a family connection with the property.
The building and its grounds were also the inspiration for Only Fools and Horses spin-off series The Green Green Grass.
Mr Challis began writing around six years ago and has so far had a two-part autobiography and a novel published as well as his latest work.
He said he had travelled to county shows around the country in recent months including in Bath, Cornwall and Yorkshire, and that he was drawn to the Norfolk Show by its size.
"Practically every weekend we do a show, and we go to comic conventions and sign books there," he said.
- 1 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
- 4 One person rescued after crash on A47
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 ‘We need action now’: Flood hit Broads business backs river barrier calls
- 7 Norwich City transfer rumours: Idah out, Hugill back in for Canaries?
- 8 Three cars crash near Swainsthorpe on Norwich Road
- 9 Ambulance chief: 'I'm sorry.... things will get worse before they get better'
- 10 NCFC LIVE: City kickstart busy festive period at Spurs