Jimmy Hawick golf day is a success at Great Yarmouth and Caister Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Jimmy Hawick, 101, presented the prizes and trophy to the winners on his golf day at Great Yarmouth and Caister Golf Club.
The Jimmy Hawick centenary event is now in its second year and will be repeated every year.
Jimmy thanked all the players for supporting the event and the club and was cheered loudly when he said he hopes to see them all again next year.
The competition consisted of teams of four with best two Stableford scores counting towards the team prize. The wining team was made up of Mike Seers, Mike Hall, Roger Chamberlain, and their captain Roy Smith. The team shot an incredible 95 points.
Roy Smith thanked everyone for their contribution to a great day. The club captain Alistair Low was on hand to help with the prize giving.
You may also want to watch:
On Friday, June 16 the club is hosting a Macmillan golf day and entries from away golfers is welcomed, contact the pro shop if you would like to support this very worthy cause.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 9 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 10 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers