Jazz musicians raise money for cancer research through CD
A collection of jazz musicians from Beccles have released a CD to help raise funds for cancer research.
Robin and Coral Burgess of the Beccles New Orleans revivalist band Redbeans 'n' Rice, have put together 'I'll Fly Away' with the help of Norman and Sarah Thatcher of Thatcher's New Orleans Band, based in south Wales.
Mrs Burgess said: 'Sadly some of our friends have been touched by cancer and as a tribute to them I had the idea of producing this CD.
'All proceeds will go to Cancer Research so in buying the CD you will become part of this tribute.'
The CD was recorded last year at the Kings Head in Beccles and local CD producer Rigbourne Hill, supplied the cover and printing costs. Mrs Burgess paid for the full cost of production and so far �650 has been raised.
You may also want to watch:
• If you would like to buy a copy please call 01986 892458.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre