Inquest hears 26-year-old was found dead at home
- Credit: Archant
A 26-year-old man with a history of mental health problems was found dead at his home, an inquest heard.
Jamie Allen was pronounced dead in his flat on the Parkway, King's Lynn, on June 3.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake heard in evidence that he had suffered depression and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and had also struggled with gambling addiction and financial problems.
Mr Allen had been taken off medication for his ADHD because he had a congenital heart problem. Summing up at King's Lynn coroners court, Ms Blake said efforts were made to see if he could resume taking the drug, but he did not turn up for heart and blood pressure tests.
She said during a lengthy assesment with a mental health nurse in February, Mr Allen showed he had the capacity to understand himself and his actions.
You may also want to watch:
The cause of death was given as hanging. Ms Blake recorded a conclusion of suicide.
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 4 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 5 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Missing man found by off-duty police officer