Jack Place, 20, pleads not guilty to inflicting grievous bodily harm on Norwich school caretaker Roy Money
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A 20-year-old man has pleaded not guilty to assaulting a well-known caretaker at a Norwich school.
Jack Place appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court on Friday charged with inflicting grievous bodily harm on Roy Money without intent.
The Notre Dame High School caretaker of 45 years suffered a bleed on the brain following an assault on Sunday, May 21 this year.
Place, of St Marys Grove, Norwich, wore a grey hooded top to the court hearing and spoke only to confirm his name, address and plea.
District Judge Nick Watson said the case would need to be dealt with by Norwich Crown Court and set a hearing for September 1, 2017.
You may also want to watch:
Place was granted conditional bail.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy