TV stars announced to turn on Norwich Christmas lights
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The act that will turn on the Christmas lights in Norwich this year has finally been revealed.
Jack and Tim Goodacre, the father and son duo from Eccles who rose to fame on the most recent series of Britain's Got Talent, have been chosen to turn on the city's festive lights this year.
The celebration, organised by Norwich City Council, will take place from 6pm on Thursday 15 November and the festivities will also include a parade, live music and a Santa's grotto.
Tim said: 'Jack and I are so excited to have been given the honour of switching on the lights in the city we used to busk in. It will top off a fantastic year for us.'
Councillor Alan Waters, leader of Norwich City Council, said: 'Our Christmas Switch On promises to be a wonderful evening for families to start feeling festive, and I look forward to seeing the city illuminated again.'
You may also want to watch:
Last year saw local TV legend Helen McDermott switch on the lights, and in 2016 Ed Balls came to Norwich to do the honours.
Who would you have liked to see turn on the Christmas lights? Let us know in the comments.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 6 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 7 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 8 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 9 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 10 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school