ITV chat show Richard Madeley host drove to Norfolk to say emotional goodbye to his mother
- Credit: PA
Former ITV This Morning host Richard Madeley drove to a care home in Norfolk to be at her side just hours before she died, it has been revealed.
Mr Madeley, who also hosted shows on Channel 5 with his wife Judy Finnigan, has paid tribute to his mother Mary who has died aged 82 after suffering from lung cancer.
According to a report in the Sunday Mirror, Mr Madeley, 57, drove to a care home in the county to be with his mum before she passed away last Saturday.
He described how his Canadian-born mum squeezed his hand as he thanked her for his happy childhood and all she had done for him.
He said: 'I looked back at her and blew her a last, silent kiss.
You may also want to watch:
'She opened her eyes at that precise moment, smiled, and incredibly, found the strength to blow one back. A few hours later her 82 years of life flickered out.'
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 3 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 6 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 7 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Family told baby with half a working heart has weeks to live
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner