“It was the best time of my life” - Norfolk boys narrowly miss out on The Voice Kids UK victory
- Credit: Archant
Two talented youngsters from Norfolk narrowly missed out on winning The Voice Kids UK.
Perry Cooke and Jack Goodacre made it to the semi-finals of the ITV show which features will.i.am, Pixie Lot and Danny Jones as judges.
On Saturday, 11-year-old Jack stole the hearts of the nation as he performed a rendition of the Bruno Mars track, Just The Way you Are.
The singer and guitarist who hails from Eccles near Attleborough was praised for his performance, with people on Twitter calling it 'phenomenal' and 'awesome'.
Similarly, 14-year-old Perry from Thorpe End took to the stage to sing a powerful version of John Lennon's Imagine.
You may also want to watch:
Viewers on social media described his voice as 'incredible' and said he would 'go a long way'.
Despite this the judges chose not to put the two boys through to the final.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 4 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 7 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 10 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
Jack is now looking ahead, he said: 'I was really sad to go out at the semi finals, not because I wanted to win, but because it was the best time of my life. Everyone was so nice and I'll miss them all.
'Now I'm just going to finish my debut EP which I'm writing and recording at the moment, it's a pop/blues/rock sound and I'm pretty excited about it.
'I'm also still involved in School of Rock in the West End and I'll be doing some cool gigs soon and busking in Norwich, so I'm pretty busy but I love it!'
Perry agreed that his time on the show was amazing. He said: 'It was an experience of a life time to do something I love so much and to meet will.i.am.
'I feel as though it has given me a platform in which I can work on, there are some things which have come out of the show that I can't talk about yet but it's exciting.
'In the meantime I am hopefully going to record my semi final song with my school music teacher and I will donate all the proceeds to cancer charities.'
The Voice Kids UK 2017 ended on Sunday, July 16 and was won by 13-year-old Jess Folley who wowed with a cover of Beyonce's Love On Top.