It’s a dinosaur! T-Rex tree looms out of Alby countryside
The legend of Black Shuck is carved into East Anglian folklore.
The ghostly black dog is said to roam the countryside and so-called sightings of a giant cat or dog are reported every year.
But this is the first time people in Norfolk will have ever encountered a jurassic monster.
This fantastic photograph - dubbed the T-Rex tree - was shared on our new reader-content website, iwitness24, and has gone down a storm on social network site Twitter.
Spike Malin uploaded the picture after he was set a project. Mr Malin has recently joined a camera club at Blickling Hall, where he works, and one of the challenges was to photograph trees.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Malin said: 'We were driving along and thought 'blimey, that looks just like a T-Rex'. I haven't done anything to the photograph - we just happened to see it.'
He said the tree is on a single-track, narrow country lane near Alby, in north Norfolk, and one commenter on the iwitness24 website said: 'How realistic is that? Great shot, love it.'
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 7 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
Our iwitness24 website is devoted to readers sharing their wonderful images of the area's countryside, landscapes and wildlife as well as capturing images of live news and sport events. The website is showing some fantastic footage from North Walsham Rugby Club's victory at the weekend which has captured three of the Norfolk team's tries.
The membership grows every day and you too can become part of the iwitness24 community by clicking on the link to the right of this page.
Alterbatively, you can use your smartphone to get involved by downloading the iwitness24 application for iPhone or Android.