Isolated power cuts in Yarmouth and Caister affecting homes
- Credit: PA
Two separate power cuts are affecting some homes in Yarmouth and Caister.
In the NR31 6 and NR31 7 post code areas in Gorleston, some homes and businesses have been without power since 1.40pm.
Engineers from UK Power Networks are working to restore power, and it is estimated the supply will be fully returned by 10pm.
The reason given for the power cut is a fault that has occurred on an underground electricity cable.
A spokesman for the power network said: 'We may have to dig up the road to carry out repairs.'
In the NR30 1 and NR30 4 post code areas around Caister, some homes have not had power since just before 7pm.
The reason for the power cut is believed to be an underground electricity cable which has faulted on the high voltage network, causing an area wide power cut.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk
The number of customers affected is said to be 147.
UK Power Networks have said the power should be back on by 9pm.