Is this your nine foot python? Huge snake discovered loose in Stalham
- Credit: Archant
A nine foot python is spending the night in a wheelie bin at the Mermaid's Slipper restaurant in Stalham.
Owner Richard Mottram was stunned when a couple who had been passing his restaurant asked for a potato sack to keep the snake in.
They had been walking by Sutton Broad when they saw the snake wrapped around a rock.
Concerned for its welfare they brought it to the Mermaid's Slipper, where Mr Mottram has temporarily adopted it.
The RSPCA and Norfolk Police both said they would be unable to help until the morning.
'Obviously it has escaped from somewhere which is slightly worrying,' said Mr Mottram. 'It is clearly tame but it is very, very strong. It wrapped itself around my arm and I could feel the strength in it.
'It's not every day you find a nine foot python by Sutton Broad. It's just a good job it didn't get into anyone's boat.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed
'I have put it in a wheelie bin and it is lovely and warm, and can't get anywhere until someone from the RSPCA comes in the morning.'
Have you lost a white and gold python around Stalham? Email firstname.lastname@example.org