Is this your nine foot python? Huge snake discovered loose in Stalham
- Credit: Archant
A nine foot python is spending the night in a wheelie bin at the Mermaid's Slipper restaurant in Stalham.
Owner Richard Mottram was stunned when a couple who had been passing his restaurant asked for a potato sack to keep the snake in.
They had been walking by Sutton Broad when they saw the snake wrapped around a rock.
Concerned for its welfare they brought it to the Mermaid's Slipper, where Mr Mottram has temporarily adopted it.
The RSPCA and Norfolk Police both said they would be unable to help until the morning.
You may also want to watch:
'Obviously it has escaped from somewhere which is slightly worrying,' said Mr Mottram. 'It is clearly tame but it is very, very strong. It wrapped itself around my arm and I could feel the strength in it.
'It's not every day you find a nine foot python by Sutton Broad. It's just a good job it didn't get into anyone's boat.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 9 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 10 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
'I have put it in a wheelie bin and it is lovely and warm, and can't get anywhere until someone from the RSPCA comes in the morning.'
Have you lost a white and gold python around Stalham? Email email@example.com