Is this your dream job? Blakeney National Nature Reserve searches for new countryside ranger in ‘one of the most beautiful coastal locations’ in country
- Credit: Archant
A nature reserve in north Norfolk is offering outdoor enthusiasts the chance of a 'dream job'.
The National Trust, which is responsible for conserving places of historic interest or natural beauty, is searching for a full-time ranger to join its countryside team based at Blakeney National Nature Reserve, which it describes as one of the most beautiful coastal locations in the country.
The successful applicant would be responsible for helping to protect and monitor vulnerable internationally-important seabird colonies.
The ranger role comes with a salary of £18,125 and is based in the heart of the Norfolk Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, which boasts wide open spaces and uninterrupted views of the beautiful north Norfolk coastline.
It has already attracted interest from across the country and beyond on social media.
You may also want to watch:
The four-mile long shingle spit of Blakeney Point offers protection for Blakeney Harbour and the surrounding saltmarshes, providing a perfect habitat for the vast array of internationally significant and migratory wildlife.
Internationally important, the reserve is noted for its spectacular display of the summer breeding tern colonies and winter breeding grey seals.
The closing date for applications is January 25. For more information and to apply visit the following website: http://bit.ly/2iJwHD3
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 4 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 9 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan