Is this the best Dad joke ever? Bradwell father’s joke goes viral on Twitter
- Credit: Archant
Dad jokes are not known to be the funniest of things but a raisin joke sent by a Bradwell father to his daughter has gone viral on Twitter with it being shared nearly 30,000 times.
Mother-of-one Jess Hunt, 19, decided to share her Dad's, Gareth Hunt, 54, amusing joke with her followers on Twitter. She tweeted: 'My dad has just taken dad jokes to a whole new level.'
She attached a screenshot of the joke sent in a text which read: 'Just been to Tesco and swapped 50 raisins for 100 sultanas. Can't believe the currant exchange rate.'
The tweet has since been re-tweeted 8,400 times and liked more than 21,000 times.
Miss Hunt said: 'I found it funny as it was so stupid and I decided to share it as the world is a bit of a sad place at the moment and I just wanted to give people a reason to laugh but I didn't expect this to happen.'
You may also want to watch:
As well as sharing the tweet other people have come forward with their own dad jokes.
Barry Crossley tweeted: 'Cost me £4 for one Oxo cube today! The stock markets gone crazy.'
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 4 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 7 Why teacher was right to report Confederate flag to police
- 8 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 9 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 10 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
Eskimimi said: 'Tescos? He should have gone to Moreraisins.'
Catherine added: 'He's really raisin the bar.'
Miss Hunt said her Dad was shocked by the response he joke has received and he is now sending her even more gags.
'When I told by dad how many times it had been shared on Twitter he almost didn't believe me,' she said. 'He was quite shocked but also very happy.
'He is always sending me jokes and funny things even when we are sitting right next to each other but now he keeps sending me more and more to try and persuade me to share another one.'
•Send us your best jokes on Twitter via @EDP24 or @EveningNews.