Is this Norwich’s youngest busker?
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers in the city centre couldn't help but stop and listen as young Jack Goodacre took to the streets of Norwich today to perform some of his favourite songs, but little did they know, they were seeing a superstar in the making.
If you were out in Norwich earlier today, you might have spotted 11-year-old Jack Goodacre strumming his guitar and singing his heart out near Jarrolds.
The young talent who hails from Eccles, near Attleborough, has loved music for as long as his family can remember and this weekend will be heading to London to audition for a spot on the new ITV show, The Voice Kids, after being hand-picked by a talent scout.
Following in the footsteps of his dad, who currently works as a singer/songwriter and music producer, Jack has been in and out of music studios since he was five years old, and has recently started making a name for himself in the industry.
'He started performing at festivals last year with a live band, he likes to play a mixture of blues, rock and pop music,' said his dad, Tim Goodacre.
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'A couple of months ago he was scouted for an audition for Andrew Lloyd Webber's West End stage adaptation of School of Rock. They wanted him to be a guitarist. He'd never done anything like it before, but he made it to the final selection, beating out roughly 2,000 other kids, some of whom went to The BRIT School. He didn't get the part in the end, they went with someone a little older, but I'm so proud of him.'
As well as having these incredible experiences under his belt at such a young age, the rising star has also featured on various adverts, provided backing vocals for songs and has managed to secure endorsement from EarWave, but according to his dad, he isn't fazed by any of it, 'His life hasn't exactly been the same as other kids his age, but he doesn't realise. It's all just second nature to him now.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
• Do you know anyone with an incredible talent like Jack's? Email firstname.lastname@example.org