Ipswich boxing show featuring Billy Bird and Fabio Wardley is postponed
- Credit: Archant
Friday night’s championship boxing show at the Corn Exchange in Ipswich has been postponed.
The show, which was set to be headlined by Braintree’s Billy Bird fighting Adam Harper for the English super-welterweight title, has been called off due to injuries.
Bird will now fight for the belt at the Brentwood Centre on September 21, while Ipswich heavyweight prospect Fabio Wardley and Clacton’s big punching Joe Hurn, who were also due to feature on the bill, will now box in Norwich on October 5.
In a statement, promoters Shamrock Boxing Promotions, said: “Due to injuries we have unfortunately had to postpone our Ipswich show. With last minute problems we could not deliver a show to our valued customers of the standard they expect from us.
“The show will now go ahead later in the year. Our sincere appologies to all our loyal fans.”
You may also want to watch:
In a statement released by his management team, Bird said: “Obviously hugely disappointed that the show in Ipswich is cancelled.
“Unfortunately, these things happen and nobody is to blame, moving forward my English title fight with Adam Harper will now go ahead at the Brentwood Centre.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 8 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 9 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
“A big thank you to Mervyn Turner, Lee Eaton MTK, Graham Everett and my team for rearranging this at short notice. Hoping most of my fans can still come and any new ones are more than welcome.
“Tickets purchased are still valid and others are available.”