Investigations under way after a body is found in a south Lowestoft park
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Investigations are under way after a body, thought to be that of a 15-year-old schoolgirl who had gone missing from her home, was found in a park in Lowestoft.
Police were contacted just before 5.30am today to reports that the teenager had gone missing from her home in south Lowestoft.
She had last been seen at 10.30pm on Sunday, when she had gone to her room, and her disappearance was said to be out of character.
Officers began a search and found a body in Kirkley Fen Park just before 6am today.
It is believed the body is that of the 15-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as unexplained. However, there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances at this stage.
An investigation is being carried out on behalf of the coroner.
- 1 Couple sell pub with Nelson link after council stops dream project
- 2 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 3 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 6 Shop worker receives complaints for asking customers to wear face masks
- 7 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 8 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 9 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 10 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed