Investigations under way after a body is found in a south Lowestoft park
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Investigations are under way after a body, thought to be that of a 15-year-old schoolgirl who had gone missing from her home, was found in a park in Lowestoft.
Police were contacted just before 5.30am today to reports that the teenager had gone missing from her home in south Lowestoft.
She had last been seen at 10.30pm on Sunday, when she had gone to her room, and her disappearance was said to be out of character.
Officers began a search and found a body in Kirkley Fen Park just before 6am today.
It is believed the body is that of the 15-year-old girl.
The death is being treated as unexplained. However, there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances at this stage.
An investigation is being carried out on behalf of the coroner.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 3 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 4 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 5 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 6 Norfolk's oldest woman dies, aged 110
- 7 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 8 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 9 Fury at bikers' who rode over dead seal pup
- 10 Fire crews called to house fire in north Norfolk