Investigations continue into cause of blaze which destroyed flat in Penn Grove, Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing into the cause of a fire which 'totally destroyed' a flat in Norwich.
Firefighters said it was 'very lucky' no-one was seriously injured or killed following a fire which ripped through the flat in Penn Grove, off Aylsham Road, in the early hours of Saturday, September 9.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service has not yet been able to determine the cause of the fire with 'investigations continuing' according to a spokesman.
The brigade received multiple calls about the fire, which prompted fire chiefs to remind householders about the importance of fire alarms.
There was no-one in the flat where the fire started but the alarm was raised after the smoke alarm in the property above went off.
You may also want to watch:
Watch manager Steve Keen said: 'There could've been injuries or fatalities from that. It's very lucky no-one was hurt in that.'
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 8 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 9 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 10 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon