Investigations continue after pedestrian is killed in Dereham
- Credit: Ian Burt
Investigations are today continuing after a male pedestrian in his 40s died when he was hit by a car.
The crash happened on the edge of Dereham at about 2.45am on Saturday.
A Norfolk police spokesman said a white Audi A4 was travelling on the B1147 Swanton Road towards Swanton Morley when it hit a pedestrian about 300-metres east of the junction with Swanton Drive.
Emergency services attended but the man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed for more than four hours while police carried out initial investigations. It reopened just after 7am.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash, or has information about how the Audi was being driven, or who may have seen the pedestrian walking on Swanton Road.
Witnesses should contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team (SCIT) or PC David Allen of Swaffham Roads Policing on 101.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 7 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
Elsewhere in the county, a man in his 20s was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital after a car crash in Cawston, near Aylsham, on Friday.
The air ambulance service said two vehicles were involved in the head-on accident.
Anglia One medics arrived on scene in the rapid response vehicle at 5.27pm to treat the man, who had a head injury.
The team called for assistance from Anglia Two medics, who arrived on scene at 6pm and airlifted the man to Addenbrooke's Hospital.
He was said to be in a stable condition.