Investigation into death of Norwich man killed by ‘blunt force’ injuries yet to cross evidential burden, inquest hears
A police investigation into the death of a Norwich man has so far failed to cross the evidential burden, an inquest heard.
Michael Currer, who was known as Mick to his family and friends, was found dead at his home in Saffron Square, Norwich, at 7am on November 12 last year.
A Home Office post mortem concluded that the unemployed 59-year-old died as a result of blunt force head and chest injuries.
An inquest review held in Norwich on Thursday heard how the matter had been referred to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS).
But area coroner Yvonne Blake said the CPS had stated the investigation so far had “failed to cross the evidential burden”.
As a result, she said there will be another inquest review on August 3 to ascertain if a final decision from the CPS has been made.
Three people were arrested on suspicion of murder, but they have all been released with no further action.