Investigation continues into Lenwade building fire
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
An investigation into the cause of a fire at offices at Lenwade is still ongoing.
About 25 firefighters were called to offices off Fakenham Road in Lenwade, after fire broke out in the first floor of the building on Tuesday afternoon.
It is thought people were working in the offices, close to the former DGT Structures site, when the fire broke out – although everyone was believed to have got out safely.
A spokesman for Norfolk County Council, speaking on behalf of Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service, said the 'investigation is still ongoing'.
As previously reported the fire service took several calls about the blaze and initially sent three fire engines before more appliances were dispatched by staff in the emergency control room.
Nigel Townshend, 47, from Sprowston, was driving past and captured some pictures of the fire on his phone after pulling over and calling 999. He said: 'Out of the corner of my eye I saw a window blow out, a big jet of black smoke and after that a big orange flame.
'There was glass exploding over the cars that were parked up near the wall.'
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
Crews from Earlham, Carrow, Sprowston, Dereham, the aerial ladder platform from Earlham and water carrier from Fakenham were among those sent to tackle the fire which started at about 3.40pm on Tuesday.