Investigation continues into cause of fatal house fire in Beccles
- Credit: Nick Butcher
An investigation into the cause of a fatal house fire in Beccles is continuing.
Police were called by the fire service at 6.45am yesterday, Tuesday, August 1, to reports that a property in Rigbourne Hill was alight and two people were inside.
Ambulance crews were also in attendance, but a 74-year-old woman sadly died at the scene.
A man was also taken to the James Paget University Hospital for treatment for smoke inhalation and burns.
Four fire crews – two from Lowestoft South and one each from Beccles and Loddon – were sent to the semi-detached property and worked to put out the blaze on the first floor.
You may also want to watch:
A joint police and fire investigation into the cause of the blaze started yesterday morning and has been continuing today.
Anyone who may have information about the incident is asked to contact Suffolk Police on 101 quoting reference CAD 35 of August 1.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 3 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 4 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers
- 5 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Hotel owner on directing The Only Way is Essex stars in Norfolk
- 8 'It's a blow for the community' - Day centre closes after 43 years
- 9 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 10 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns