Investigation after tent found on fire in Great Yarmouth cemetery
- Credit: Archant
An investigation is underway after a tent was found on fire in a cemetery.
Firefighters from Gorleston were called to Kitchener Road in Great Yarmouth just before 12.30pm on Thursday to reports that thick black smoke could be seen billowing from the grave yard.
Police were called shortly afterwards to assist.
It is not believed anyone was inside the tent at the time and the fire was extinguished after around 10 minutes.
Hose Reel Jets were used to extinguish the fire.
You may also want to watch:
A fire investigation is now underway to determine the cause of the blaze.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk