International lunch in village pub for special 100th birthday
- Credit: MARCIA WARREN
A village pub hosted an international family gathering to celebrate a landmark birthday.
Norma Troy who has turned 100 marked her special day with 19 relatives from as far away as Australia and Germany at the Brick Kilns pub and restaurant in Little Plumstead.
Mrs Troy, who lives in the village, was taken to the special lunch in a chauffeur-driven Bentley.
Nine people had flown over from Australia and two family members had travelled from Germany for the occasion.
Her daughter, Marcia Warren, 65, from Queensland in Australia, said: 'My mum is very sharp. She does her crosswords daily and that keeps her mind active.'
Mrs Troy has another daughter, who also lives in Queensland, Australia, and three grandchildren.
She was born in Leyton, London, where she grew up and married her banker husband Patrick in 1940. He died in 1988.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 5 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 6 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 7 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 8 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 9 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 10 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
The couple moved to Upminster, London, before moving to Little Plumstead in 1978 for their retirement.
'They loved the Norfolk countryside,' Mrs Warren added.
Her mother worked as a Hansard court reporter in the House of Commons for about six years before working as a secretary.
She was also a keen floral art demonstrator and judge.
Are you celebrating a special birthday, anniversary or family event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org