Interiors shop Moochi Modo - set up by Wattlefield designer - opens its doors in Holt
An interior designer from Norfolk has taken her passion of the subject and transformed it into an eclectic and quirky interiors shop in the heart of Holt.
Describing Moochi Modo, as 'bringing a little bit of London to the area', owner Tracey Grint, of Wattlefield, near Wymondham, emphasised it will be in keeping with the feel of the Georgian town.
With her partner Richard Stenhouse, the duo set up business together 15 years ago, but due to a demand for the interior artefacts, Mrs Grint decided to set up shop at Old Stable Yard.
'After doing so many interiors as part of our property development business we thought it was a nice idea to open a retail shop, without being ostentatious,' she said.
'So many people wanted to know where they could buy the items we were getting in so it just made sense.'
The shop boasts a vast array of stock and fabrics from Europe and also includes names such as Ralph Lauren, Purdey and English-born artist Rory Dobner.
Mrs Grint, who studied at Easton College, said the shop would help people who wanted to 'make their house a home'.
- 1 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 2 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 3 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 4 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 5 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 6 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 7 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 8 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 9 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
'Norfolk is a very inspiring place with its beautiful beaches and skies - I want to be able to share that inspiration with others,' she added.
There are currently plans in the pipeline to expand the business by opening another shop and taking on another member of staff.
Moochi Modo currently employs one member of staff - former nanny Elle Rivett, of Sharrington - who landed the job after being recommended to Mrs Grint by a family member.
With her natural talent for the job she hopes to become manager of the Holt branch if the expansion plans go ahead.
Miss Rivett has helped to put together the baby section of the shop and also creates wedding lists for soon-to-be-wed couples.
She said: 'We are aiming to be exclusive in our product offerings and design is really important to us.'
The team at the shop held an official opening event in November 2011.