Insurance giant Aviva issues safety advice to businesses and homeowners ahead of Storm Doris
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHI
Homeowners and businesses are being advised to take basic precautions to protect themselves and their property ahead of severe weather warnings for Norfolk.
The Met Office has issued an amber weather warning for wind, meaning be prepared, for parts of north and west Norfolk from 6am until 6pm on Thursday when Storm Doris is expected to hit Britain.
More: Gale-force weather prediction ahead of Storm DorisMore: Norfolk Met Office weather warningMore: Coastguard urges people to stay safe during Storm DorisInsurance giant Aviva has contractors and property claims experts on standby and its contact centres are available 24/7.
Rob Townend, Aviva claims director, said: 'We can arrange alternative accommodation for you if the damage means you need to move out of your home temporarily.'
Safety advice includes parking cars in garages or away from large trees; checking for loose roof tiles; securing weak fencing; and securing garden furniture and play equipment.
Visit www.aviva.co.uk or call 0345 0306945 for home insurance claims, 0345 0306925 for car insurance claims or 0500 114477 for business insurance claims.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 7 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 8 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 9 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 10 Parking debate and police focus part of crackdown on 'keyed' cars