Inspiration Lowestoft mums earn a spot in semi final after losing more than 15 stone between them
- Credit: Archant
Two Lowestoft women who between them have lost more than 15 stone between them have won a spot in the semi finals of a competition recognising the most inspirational weight loss journeys.
Holly Dowler, 27, and Michelle Prue, 29, won a top four place at this year's Slimming World regional Woman of the Year 2017 competition, beating fellow members from more than 1,000 groups and 55,000 members.
Now they will represent the East of England in the national semi final in Derbyshire on October 1, with hopes of progressing to the national final in Birmingham in November.
Mrs Dowler, who attends the Carlton Colville Slimming World group, lost 6st 8lb in just 42 weeks - dropping from 16st 6.5lbs to 9st 12.5lbs.
The mum of one, who has gone from a dress size 20/22 to a 10, said: 'When I started out I never dreamt I'd be able to achieve all that I have. Losing the weight has made such a big difference – it's changed my life. My health is better, I have more energy and I'm much happier now – I definitely feel more comfortable in my own skin.'
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Michelle Prue, who topped the scales at 19st 4.5lbs, has slimmed down to 10st 10lbs in three and a half years, going from a size 22/24 to a size 10.
She was originally told she could never have children, so when she fell pregnant Michelle said she 'stuffed her face with food' to make sure people noticed.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
'I had everything I wanted, my partner and kids, and yet I was still miserable,' she said.
'Walking was painful and I felt depressed and was utterly exhausted all the time, I had two young children and I couldn't even run around and play with them.
'The final crunch came when I took my children to Pleasurewood Hills and we got onto a ride but I had to get off as the safety bar wouldn't fit, I have never felt so embarrassed as I did at that moment.'
Both women say Slimming World has changed their lives, with Miss Prue adding: 'Not only am I the mum I have always wanted to be, I have spent my life wanting to be someone different and I love who I am now.'
Mrs Dowler attends the Carlton Colville Slimming World group, while Miss Prue is a member of the Gunton group.