Inquests opened into deaths of two teenagers on the A14
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
Inquests have been opened and adjourned into the deaths of two teenagers in a Suffolk car crash.
Macauley Clements, 16, of Carpenter Close, Ixworth, was a passenger in a BMW which was involved in a road accident on January 24 on the A14 at Bury St Edmunds.
Macauley, who had attended Thurston Community College, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge, but died the following day.
His friend, 19-year-old Adam Weller, from Weeting, near Brandon, who had been driving the car, died at the scene.
Inquests into their deaths were opened and adjourned today at the coroner's office in Bury St Edmunds.
You may also want to watch:
Macauley was set for a career in the Army, like his grandfather Gordon Ryder.
The teenager's family described him as happy, fun-loving, polite and helpful.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Man in 20s drowned in country park lake
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 6 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 7 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 8 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 9 Shock as cleaner finds a snake in house
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way