Inquest to open into Dereham man’s rail death
An inquest will open today (Tuesday) into the death of a 59-year-old Dereham man killed on a Norwich trainline.
Bernard Neave was struck by the 14.06 Norwich to Lowestoft service at Whitlingham Junction, Thorpe St Andrew, on September 1.
Police and paramedics were called just after 2.15pm but Mr Neave, known as Bernie, was pronounced dead at the scene.
His funeral will be held at Mintlyn Crematorium in King's Lynn at 10.45am on September 19.
Family flowers only, but donations to Mind can be sent to RJ Bartrum and Son in Dereham.
You may also want to watch:
Police are not treating the death as suspicious.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 8 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk