Inquest opens into the death of popular Norwich DJ Craig Johnson
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old Norwich DJ and insurance claim handler died from asphyxiation, an inquest has heard.
Craig Johnson, of Radcliffe Road in Drayton, was found dead at his home address by police on February 1 this year.
An inquest into his death opened at Norfolk Coroner's Court this morning.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said police officers had to force their way into Mr Johnson's home after concerns had been raised for his welfare.
They found his body in the living room of his property.
You may also want to watch:
Following a post-mortem, the medical cause of death was given as asphyxiation.
A full inquest is due to take place on July 28 this year in Norwich at 10am.
- 1 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 2 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 9 Cafe owner 'overwhelmed' by support for contested outdoor terrace
- 10 Petrol station staff to receive awards for attempting to save baby's life
Following his death, tributes poured in for the popular DJ and gay pride advocate, known in the music industry as DJ Craggle.
Friend Amy Cannings said: 'There are not the words to say how much Craig will leave a gap in so many people's lives he touched.'