Inquest opens into the death of popular Norwich DJ Craig Johnson
- Credit: Archant
A 24-year-old Norwich DJ and insurance claim handler died from asphyxiation, an inquest has heard.
Craig Johnson, of Radcliffe Road in Drayton, was found dead at his home address by police on February 1 this year.
An inquest into his death opened at Norfolk Coroner's Court this morning.
Area coroner Yvonne Blake said police officers had to force their way into Mr Johnson's home after concerns had been raised for his welfare.
They found his body in the living room of his property.
You may also want to watch:
Following a post-mortem, the medical cause of death was given as asphyxiation.
A full inquest is due to take place on July 28 this year in Norwich at 10am.
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 6 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree
- 9 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link
- 10 Coronavirus outbreak at construction company working on County Hall
Following his death, tributes poured in for the popular DJ and gay pride advocate, known in the music industry as DJ Craggle.
Friend Amy Cannings said: 'There are not the words to say how much Craig will leave a gap in so many people's lives he touched.'