Inquest opened into death of woman who was found in Dereham undergrowth
An inquest has been opened and adjourned into the death of a woman who was found dead in Dereham.
Jennifer McLeod, 53, of Nottingham Road, Bishopston, Bristol, came to Norfolk on July 21 to visit her family.
An inquest which was held in Norwich yesterday heard that on July 27, Mrs McLeod's family went out in the morning and returned home at 2.45pm she was not there.
They contacted police who conducted a search and found her in deep undergrowth off Rolling Pin Lane.
A post mortem examination failed to establish the cause of death but Norfolk coroner William Armstrong ruled out any suspicious activity or third party involvement.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest was adjourned to a date yet to be fixed.
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 4 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 6 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 7 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'