Inquest opened after woman found dead with gunshot wound in Heacham
An inquest has been opened into the death of woman who was found dead in Heacham earlier this week.
Pam Thomas, 59, was found at an address in Marea Meadows on Tuesday night and an ambulance was called to the property at 10.50pm, after reports that a woman had suffered cardiac arrest.
But on arrival, the crew discovered Mrs Thomas had suffered a gunshot wound and pronounced her dead.
Police also attended the scene, but a spokesman said the death was not being treated as suspicious.
The inquest into Mrs Thomas' death was opened and adjourned yesterday after a post mortem declared the cause of death was a head injury due to the discharge of a firearm.
Mrs Thomas was married to Heacham-based builder and former caravan park owner Aubrey. The couple have a son and daughter - Neil and Holly - and three grand-children.
Earlier this week, one neighbour said: 'Pam was a very popular person, she was very nice, very approachable.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 4 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 5 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 6 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 7 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 8 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
'They'd just come back from a month in Tenerife, they hadn't got any money worries or anything. It's all incredibly sad.'